Abu Dhabi Stopover
Our selective collection of Abu Dhabi Stopover tours is your best way to discover one of the top-attracting cities in the Middle East from Abu Dhabi airport while you are waiting for your connecting flight.
Choose your preferred layover tour from more than 20 different layover packages, that cover most of the interesting attractions and things to do in Abu Dhabi.
About Abu Dhabi Airport
- Abu Dhabi International Airport serves more than 20 million travelers every year.
- The airport has 3 main terminals.
- The airport is located 36 KM to the east of Abu Dhabi city.
- Hundreds of private Abu Dhabi layover tours go out daily from Abu Dhabi Intl airport to discover the city`s top attractions including The Grand Mosque, Louvre Abu Dhabi, Ferrari World, and more.
What to See in Abu Dhabi Layover?!
Our Abu Dhabi stopover catalog includes more than 20 tours to the city and desert as well. Our tour packages cover Abu Dhabi’s top tourist attractions including:
- The Grand Mosque of Sheikh Zayed.
- Ferrari Abu Dhabi.
- Louvre Abu Dhabi Museum.
- Qasr Al Watan Presidential Palace.
- Emirates Palace Hotel.
- Yas Island Attractions (Warner Bros. World, SeaWorld Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld)
in addition to the traditional heritage and culture spots and the local bazaars.
Besides; We also offer a selective collection of Abu Dhabi desert safari packages. That should include:
- Abu Dhabi Afternoon/Night Desert Safari
- Sunrise/Dawn Desert Safari
- Morning Desert Safari
Abu Dhabi Layover Rules
Before booking Abu Dhabi transit tour; You need to make sure of the following:
- If you are not eligible for an on-arrival visa, You need to ask for your transit visa. Check out below for details.
- All our Abu Dhabi layover tours are private tours. There is no option for shared tours from the airport.
- Abu Dhabi stopover needs at least 5-6 hours to be operated taking into consideration that you need to be back to the airport at least 2 hours before the connecting flight time.
- Although our layover tours are running around the day and night, however, your arrival and departure time will determine which tours will be working for you. Our tour consultants will help you with that.
Abu Dhabi Transit Visa
Abu Dhabi transit visa is either a 48 hours visa or a 96 hours visa that is offered for travelers who are coming to Abu Dhabi as a transit destination before a connecting flight. The transit visa is free. Please check travelers’ sorting based on their passports to check out who is eligible for an Abu Dhabi transit visa below:
1. Citizens with a passport of any of the following countries do not need any prior visa to enter the state, they also are welcome to enter the state for no required charges:
European Union, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong
2. Travelers of not the mentioned nations but hold either green card, EU or UK accommodation permission.
3. GCC citizens do not need any visa to enter the state.
4. Citizens of any of not mentioned need to handle with their carriers to issue a prior visit visa, or contact one of our embassies. Check UAE Missions Abroad.
5. Citizens of Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Niger and Yemen are not eligible for a transit visa on arrival.
Abu Dhabi Stopover Frequent Questions and Answers
Q: Can I leave Abu Dhabi airport during layover?!
A: The short answer is yes! You could leave Abu Dhabi Airport during your Abu Dhabi layover time, However, it always depends on the period you have between the arrival and connecting flights and the passport you hold. Please check Abu Dhabi transit visa paragraph.
Q: Do I need a PCR test to enter Abu Dhabi?!
A: At the current time; there is no PCR test is required to enter Abu Dhabi. Also, all the restrictions which were related to the Covid-19 pandemic were totally removed.
Q: Do I need a visa if I have a layover in Abu Dhabi?!
A: Depending on your passport; Please check out the Abu Dhabi transit visa paragraph.
Q: What is the Abu Dhabi transit visa cost?!
A: Abu Dhabi issues two kinds of visas; The first one is 48 hours visa which is free of charge, and the other one is 96 hours visa which is available for only 50.00 AED.
Q: How could I make sure that am going back to the airport in time?!
A: We are experts in handling quick tours (stopover tours – shore excursions). So we guarantee to get you back to the airport in enough time before the connecting flight. Almost 2 Hrs.