Ten Things You Need to Know About Louvre Abu Dhabi
It is almost finished! and we are on date to receive the latest addition to the gulf pearl city Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi Louvre Museum.
Within few days, everyone in Abu Dhabi and even everyone who interests in art and culture everywhere is waiting for the big opening of one of world`s biggest cultural projects, we are here talking about the only museum to bear the name of “Louvre ” after the first one in Paris; Abu Dhabi Louvre Museum!
Below we have listed 10 important matters you need to know about the big museum project to come:
- In March 7th of 2007, Louvre Paris has announced that a new Abu Dhabi Louvre museum would be built in Abu Dhabi city expecting to be completed in 2012. However, a set of opening delays were announced later. Firstly to early of 2013 and then to 2015.
- Finally and with a presence of his highness Sheikh Mohammed Ibn Zayed the prince crown of Abu Dhabi accompanied with HH Mohammad Ibn Rashed a soft opening of the museum were done before the official opening to take place on Nov 11th, 2017.
- Over an approximately 24,000 square meters the museum was established on the famous island of Saadiyat as a part of an ambitious project to be hold on the island.
- Museum is a valuable part of a great project of a cultural district to be established on island of Saadiyat. the project includes another two museums: Guggenheim museum and Zayed national museum.
- According to Wikipedia, The final cost of the construction is expected to be between €83 million and €108 million. In addition, US$525 million was paid by Abu Dhabi to be associated with the Louvre name, and an additional $747 million will be paid in exchange for art loans, special exhibitions and management advice
- Just like the grand mosque of Sheikh Zayed, Abu Dhabi is to continue its dabbing objective to lessen the gap between the eastern and western worlds but this time though out art, as the objective of museum finding is to mix the oriental and western arts for one more unified world.
- The museum was designed as a “seemingly floating dome structure”; its web-patterned dome allowing the sun to filter through. The overall effect is meant to represent “rays of sunlight passing through date palm fronds in an oasis as a clear indication to the local Arabian impress of the global museum.
- Museum should displays an artwork that set up a dialog between east and west, So that a collection of ancient Egyptian, Ottoman and Mamluki pieces will be displayed side by side to artworks of modern artists just like Leonardo Da Vinci, Picasso, Henri Matisse, Vincent Van Gogh and Jacques-Louis David at the moment
- A 30 years deal between Abu Dhabi government and Louvre Paris administration was agreed to provide the museum with significant artworks. similar deals are negotiated with Egyptian and Iraqi museums to display exhibitions of ancient art pieces.
- Abu Dhabi Louvre museum day pass ticket was set at 60 AED per ticket = 16.6 USD.
Soon, we are going to lunch daily tours to Louvre Abu Dhabi, Explore best Abu Dhabi Sightseeing tours