Tour: Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
Grand mosque of Sheikh Zayed is considered one of the must to do things in Abu Dhabi, travelers always used to list it on their itineraries of Abu Dhabi visit. Below we blog about the mosque in ten numbered facts previewing mosque history since it was an idea and until becoming one of modern architecture patterns in world.
1. Mosque was founded by his highness Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Alnahyyan the former president of UAE
2. Mosque construction has started in 1998 and ends in March 2008.
3. The first prayer was held in December 2007.
4. Mosque meant to be a distinct center to share the tolerant spirit of Islam and he real values of civilization and moderate culture
5. Mosque is considered fourth biggest mosque in the world.
6. Mosque expands to 7000 persons inside in addition to 40000 outside.
7. The four minarets of mosque which stand in the four corners of outer courtyard are 107 meters per each and all are cover with fine while marble!
8. Mosque has 80 domes, one length is 83 meters.
9. Mosque library stores more than 3000 books and documents in 12 different languages.
10. 2.167.000.000 AED was the budget of mosque construction!
Book your trip to mosque now from only 30 USD, Click Abu Dhabi City Tour
Pingback: Abu Dhabi Tour from Dubai | How to Go Abu Dhabi from Dubai